Friday, April 13, 2007

Why Didn't I Think of That?

Serving jail time can be trying, particularly if it's a third, fourth, or more time around. In my jail it is not unusual to hear an inmate reflecting on their tribulations with "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger". I've used that line on complaining grandchildren.

Paging through an old issue of Rolling Stone at the hair salon this evening an ad for Old Spice caught my eye (hm-m-m, wonder why?). Small print caption at the bottom: "What doesn't kill you makes you better looking."

I like this one.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Nice i love it :)

Pat said...

I guess it's good to hear that the inmates are thinking like that.

Wait a minute, didn't Daddy wear Old Spice? He didn't look like that guy...

Pat said...

And if that caption is really true, some of us should be looking like beauty queens right about now!

Kappa no He said...

I find what does kill me makes me haggard and overly emotional.

Katharine said...

KNH, True, so could Old Spice really be the secret? Have we women been missing out all these years? Look what it did for this guy.