Sunday, March 16, 2008

And Now I Have Three!

Not to be outdone by family additions, the West Coast household welcomes two new kitties debuting today on the Internet, Black Zulette and IvoryLena. They were "rescue" kitties totally pampered by their original rescue owner, right down to the acrylic nails.

PorkChop has been lonely since Don Diego de San Diego died just before Christmas. A cat can watch just so much bird TV by himself.

Introducing IvoryLena...


"I'll take milk and sugar with my tea, thank you..."

And Black Zulette...

"I'll have that bird for dinner, s'il vous plait..."

In case the reader is wondering about the names, the young ladies arrived with the names Ivory and Ebony. Hayley, grandaughter #1 and the rower, wanted to name them after the women who started ZLAC, America's oldest rowing club for women right here in San Diego, and I wanted to keep some part of their original name. Our choices were Zulette, Lena, Agnes, and Caroline. Not a hard choice to make.

PorkChop? Well, he's still hissing around and rethinking the "answered prayer" thing.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Poor little Pork Chop...it looks like he's got two very spoiled step-sisters!

Sonnjea said...

And very pretty ones, at that!

Kappa no He said...

Oh, come winter they'll all be curled up sleeping together and happy for the extra warmth. Beautiful cats. My husband is going to swoon.

Katharine said...

I'm waiting for that "curled up together thing". Hasn't happened yet. Perhaps I should turn down the heat.