Saturday, June 27, 2009

Jump!

On my home page this morning, I noticed a headline about a YouTube video of Filipino prisoners dancing to Michael Jackson's "Thriller". Of course I had to go check it out. They couldn't come even close to Michael's talent but I was so impressed by their precision - no, that's not the right word...anyway, check out this video of them dancing to the Pointer Sisters' "Jump".



It looks like there isn't an ounce of fat on any of them. Bet they don't need many meds either, Kath!

4 comments:

Katharine said...

Amazing! These guys - and girls - are good. I'm surprised it is coed.

Pat said...

I was too. Maybe they're all on saltpeter.

Kappa no He said...

What's surreal is these prisoners doing Thriller was a big deal here in Japan several months ago. They were doing a special on rehabilitating dangerous prisoners and I guess the guy who taught them this had really good results. When Michael passed away I thought about this video and wondered if it would surface. So glad it did. So cute!

Pat said...

If rehabilitating dangerous prisoners was the goal, the guy has done an incredible job! Some of these peeps almost look happy, and I can't imagine getting hundreds of dangerous prisoners to do something like this if they didn't want to. But then, maybe it's a cultural thing? I wonder if American prisoners would respond as well.