Sunday, November 13, 2022

Modica and Ragusa, Friday, September 23, 2022

Touring Modica and Ragusa was scheduled for Friday. I took the day off because I just couldn’t face another day on the bus. Instead, I took a walk along the track around the resort’s property – lots of olive, carob, and citrus trees. The grounds are just lovely and I took a few photos.
In the one just above, the drive is flanked on the left by a carob tree, on the right by an olive tree. I call the photo “walking the track, sweet and bitter on either side, clouds in the beautiful blue sky”. Haha! Georgia O’Keeffe’s got nothing on me.

Kathie liked baroque Ragusa but wasn’t impressed with the chocolate shop in Modica. Because it was so busy, she didn’t have time to stand in line for some of these lovely looking chocolates. After tasting the free sampler she brought back with her, I doubt the lovely looking chocolates would have been worth the wait.
Still in Modica – the Duomo di San Pietro. I like the fresh look of the interior. I bet the sound coming out of those organ pipes would be lovely to hear on a Sunday morning.
This charcuterie board the group was served for lunch looks sort of interesting. What the heck is that white plastic-y looking blimp-shaped thing in the foreground though? And did someone eat it?
Now remember, I didn’t go to Ragusa so I have to assume this photo is of Ragusa, if only because it’s with the other Ragusa photos in Kathie’s SmugMug folder. Regardless, I like it.
And this lovely baroque church, which must be close to where the group stopped for yet more food/wine. Why did they have to post that ugly traffic sign right in the middle of Kathie’s shot?
For reasons unknown, I love Kathie’s photo of a giant screw. I place it here 1) because I like it, and 2) to counteract all those times in this post I wrote "lovely".

No comments: