Sunday, November 06, 2022

Wine Tasting and a Visit to Selinunte, Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Allora, what does an Italian resort’s breakfast buffet look like? Here’s what we woke up to, with cappuccino, of course:
The scenery was lovely, and the pool? Wowza. I'm not a swimmer but I might change my mind for a pool like this.
This morning we visited the Di Giovanna winery, where we picked up the obligatory bottle of wine to share with Ray and Janie on our 2022 holiday get-together at the end of October. I don’t remember how many wines we tasted but it was a boatload. The smiling faces in this photo appear to confirm that vague estimate.
On to Selinunte, where we saw ruins. Lotsa ruins.
I had a hard time wrapping my head around what this settlement must have looked like in its heyday. Certainly these folks were much more advanced than most of us ever give them credit for.

And the sisters:
Dinner was at sunset near Portopalo, an old Sicilian fishing village.

No comments: