Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dry Docked in La Jolla

I spotted these boats tumbling off the roof of the Museum of Contemporary Art in La Jolla this weekend. Isn't art great?


I'll have to check out the exhibits when I don't have along a 7 year old more interested in getting down to the ocean to see the seals, especially as I understand the building has a connection to an Irving Gill house built on the location in 1916.

At the same time, I'm going to have to check out why this mural on the adjoining building.


Looks like another outing coming up.

2 comments:

Pat said...

I like that kind of art. Wonder where I could find a bunch of used boats to paint and lay on my roof? Bet the homeowners association wouldn't like it, though.

Katharine said...

I don't know about the boats, but I know where you could pick up a bunch of trash cans.