Sunday, March 11, 2007

A class in the "Causes and Prevention of War"?

Ever dreamed of taking classes at MIT? You can, for free, online. Well, not for credit, of course, but by the end of this year, the contents of all 1800 of MIT's classes will be online. I was particularly intrigued by the handout for "Causes and Prevention of War". (You and I would like this class, Kath.)

Go here to see the courses that are available. From the Astronomy link, I found this very cool site - Astronomy Picture of the Day.

Isn't the Internet amazing?

3 comments:

Sonnjea said...

My brother had told me about the MIT classes a while back - amazing what you can learn if you just feel like it.

And, unrelated -- your definition of paranomasia was hilarious!!

Pat said...

Thanks! I was inspired by yours.

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that MIT is doing this - education should be accessible, simply learning for the pure enjoyment of it. I'll definitely take a look at the course you mentioned on war - it sounds fascinating!